Are you an accountant looking to advance in your career? You can build your future while helping shape ours as the Accounting Manager. Come make work an adventure by leading and innovating our Accounts Payable department! We are seeking an experienced and creative staff accountant with interest in managing a team.
Summary of Position:
The Accounting Manager is a supervisory role involving daily oversight and management of the Accounts Payable Department. This position is responsible for cut-off procedure management, month-end close processes, and journal entries. Other duties include monitoring and analyzing spending data, weekly cash projections, EOM reporting, and further duties as assigned. The Accounting Manager will find creative ways to enhance department processes and efficiency while also meeting deadlines. At a minimum this position requires a good working knowledge of accounting/business practices; good communication skills; ability to use a computer and other office related equipment; ability to read, understand, interpret, input and analyze data.
In order to perform this job, you must demonstrate, either by training or experience:
• the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;
• the ability to read understand, interpret, input, and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and completeness;
• the ability to work with internal and external (field office) personnel in a professional and courteous manner;
• the ability to communicate with Company personnel, customers, and contractors to ensure tasks are completed.
• the ability to understand department work load and determine the priorities;
• the ability to function effectively in an occasional high-stress environment.
• the ability to coordinate the activities of others;
• the ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems;
• Supervise, develop, and provide leadership to employees and supervisors of an assigned area, department, or project(s).
• Review tasks and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Develop processes to ensure completion of tasks in support of an assigned area, department, or project(s).
• Communicate with employees, contractors, vendors, and/or customers to assist an assigned area, department, or project(s).
• Additional Duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or 3-5 years of related work experience.
• Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience preferred.
• Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
Workplace Environment and Physical Demands:
To be considered for this position, a candidate must possess the ability to sit for long periods of time, while using repetitive and/or fine hand movements to complete computer related tasks and/or other office functions. Work is performed indoors and in a typical office environment.
What you’ll get…
Who we are...
We are a company united in our vision of connecting America. Our culture is grounded in and shaped by our values. These values act as our behavioral compass and guide how we interact with each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Across our teams, we strive to treat each other with respect, value different perspectives and experiences, keep our and others’ safety top of mind, and uphold the highest ethical standards.
Our company supplies the single most critical resource telecom service providers need: skilled people. We serve the nation from more than 500 field offices and are unparalleled in scope and scale.
Our talented workforce of over 15,000 employees provides a wide array of specialty services including construction, engineering, underground facility locating, fulfillment, and program management.
We provide opportunities for our people to learn and develop the skills and knowledge to be successful in their current role as well as to prepare them for future growth within the company. Join us!
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply with this link: https://ervincable-dycom.icims.com/jobs/36867/accounting-manager/job