Position Summary/General Description:
An Assistant Gaming Device Manager reports directly to the Gaming Device Manager. The incumbent is responsible for directing and managing personnel assigned to the Gaming Operations by ensuring the highest quality control standards in regards to functionality, maintenance, moves and conversions of Gaming Device Machines.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates related to gaming device duties including, but not limited to the following: Extensive ability in running and analyzing gaming device performance reports, functionality, maintenance, gaming device projects, installs, conversions, machine moves, software upgrades and associated equipment, and maintain all gaming device machines at all times to generate revenue.
- Supervise vendor participation and fee games to expected quantity and performance levels.
- Collaborate with the Gaming Device Manager to determine gaming device machine mix, pay put percentage and locations.
- Maintain knowledge of the gaming device industry in regards to manufacturer trends. Review and make recommendations of potential gaming device products for lease and/or purchase.
- Design, develop and coordinate training for Gaming Operations staff activities including, but not limited to: Hiring, disciplining, apprising, evaluating and terminating employees in courteous and fair manner.
- Supervise, evaluate and ensure gaming device machines are repaired, have preventative maintenance and associated equipment as well as ensuring games are operational and generating revenue at all times.
- Collaborate with Gaming Device Manager regarding departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information related to all gaming device information such as, but not limited to: gaming device technician department policies, procedures, revenue, budgets and any and all information the company deems confidential or proprietary.
- Evaluate and address difficult circumstances that arise on the gaming floor in a constructive, professional, and business-like manner; satisfy miscellaneous guest complaints, referring to the appropriate supervisor when necessary.
- Adhere to and ensure personnel strictly comply with Gaming Operations rules/procedures, internal controls, Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC) rules and regulations, federal regulations and state regulations.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, room locations, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Experience with Gaming Device systems required. Experience with WINOS system preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; professional designation preferred. Not less than 3-5 years relevant supervisory or management experience may substitute Bachelor’s degree and professional designation when appropriate based on industry standard.
- General knowledge of Cage and Players Club practices and regulations preferred.
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software preferred.
- Proficiency in OASIS 360 Gaming Device Tracking System preferred. Proficiency in at least one (1) gaming device tracking system required.
- Extensive knowledge of the mechanical and play functions of gaming device machines.
- Basic understanding of network concepts.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to hear, sit, stand, talk, walk repetitive use of hands 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to drive 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to balance climb, bend over, crawl, crouch/stoop, kneel, reach overhead and turn/twist 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift, slide/transfer 1-50+ lbs. 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, and interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- The job requires hire, promote, compensate, train, discipline, schedule, apportion work among others and direct, appraise productivity, terminate, measure performance and plan budgets.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- This job operates in both an office, gaming, and racing environment and at times performed outdoors with exposure to hot/cold temperatures and fumes (e.g., cigarette/cigar smoke, diesel fumes, etc.).
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.