Position Summary/General Description:
A Cage Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and verifying all cash transactions for departments and ensuring compliance with company internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values, and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility of Ellis Park.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all administrative policies (Ellis Park Policy & Procedure Manual and departmental procedures), safety rules and health regulations.
- Direct, train, monitor, and assign tasks to cage personnel.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers and patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times. Maintains a professional work environment with cage personnel.
- Work odd or unusual hours including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Exercise strong motivational commitment to the organization, speak accurately and clearly to co-workers and guest.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of the cage procedures in a large-scale operations including but not limited to: ensure proper customer transactions by verifying large amounts of money exchanges and conversions, counting, verifying, and signing for banks assigned, maintaining accurate records, operate computer/equipment, perform cage cashier duties as necessary or assigned and accomplish all tasks as appropriate.
- Adhere to Title 31 procedures.
- Ensure excellent customer and employee service and arbitrates disputes professionally.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to open and close cage as necessary.
- Exercise basic knowledge in management, human resources and budgeting.
- Maintain knowledge of all paper flow with all departments.
- Maintain knowledge of all ATM and Kiosk drops.
- Assist with Drop/Soft count and Mutuels to ensure that all departmental procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain strong knowledge with money handling, counting, and complex mathematical skills.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, room locations, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Certification preferred.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in demonstrating supervisory abilities involving cash handling.
- Must have relevant work experience in cash handling or cage cashier capacity.
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with PayCor (Timekeeper Software).
- Experience operating counting equipment (money sorters/counters, 10 key calculators).
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to type, prepare and maintain office reports and records.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The job requires the ability to bend over, crawl, crouch/stoop, hear, kneel, reach overhear, stand, talk, turn/twist, walk, see and repetitively use hands 51-100% if the time, and the ability to balance/climb 25-50% of the time.
- Requires employee to hear, sit, talk, and repetitively use hands the majority of the time.
- Requires employee to occasionally stand and walk.
- Requires employee to occasionally push/pull, carry, lift, and slide/transfer 1-30 lbs.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, interpret data, read and write the majority of the time.
- The job requires the ability to make decisions and plan 25-50% of the time.
- The job requires hiring, promoting, compensating, training, rewarding and disciplining employees, scheduling, apportioning work among employees, directing, appraising productivity, measuring performance, addressing complaints and issues with prudent, fair, and well-founded Leadership skills.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors in a gaming environment with frequent expose to smoke (e.g., cigarette smoke).
- You will also be in a confined areas and occasional exposure to hot/cold temperatures.
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Comply with Ellis Park and the Federal Government Bank Secrecy Act Title 31.