- Henderson, KY
- Henderson Hospital Campus
- Cardiac Rehab
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: 7:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 30492
Apply NowSave JobBack to Search
Summary of the Job:
The Cardiac Rehab Coordinator in coordination with the Manager: Develops implements, evaluates, and monitors programs and services to meet the needs of Cardiac Rehab clients. Responsible for creating and maintaining an optimal environment for the testing, training and education of clients and overall coordination of Outpatient Cardiac Rehab at Deaconess Henderson with the Manager of Cardiac Rehab. He/she will use evidence-based practice when providing direct patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with financial and clinical responsibility and accountability for services and programs provided in Outpatient Cardiac rehab.
- Assist with the development of short and long range objectives for Cardiac Rehab Services at Deaconess Henderson based on health care trends and the hospital's philosophy, mission and strategic plan.
- Complies with Standards of Employee Conduct, Deaconess Customer Service initiatives and the Mission of the hospital.
- Demonstrates commitment to effective customer relations.
- Demonstrates commitment to ethical business practices and corporate compliance initiative.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and monitors the budget for the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab services.
- Ensures day-to-day operational activities (i.e. registration, billing, documentation, etc.) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively markets Cardiac Rehab programs to appropriate customers.
- Prepare reports concerning the program's activities.
- Keeps self, Medical Director, Executive Director, Department Manager and staff current with trends and issues affecting Cardiac Rehab and general cardiovascular issues via continuing education, benchmarking, conferences, journals, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development to provide programming and services appropriate to the age of the clients served.
- Holds staff meetings to discuss staff problems, new policies, updated hospital functions, and other policies and procedures as they affect the mission of the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab department.
- Supervises staff including performance appraisals, scheduling, disciplinary actions and maintenance of Personnel records.
- Provides the guidance and information to staff and clients to meet HFAP regulations, hospital Policy and Procedures and Continuing Quality Improvement.
- Works in staffing approximately 70% of their time
- Supervise Cardiac Rehab Nurses and Exercise Specialists, Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana, Associate Degree in nursing required, Bachelors Degree Preferred or bachelors Degree in exercise related field such as exercise science, sports medicine, exercise physiology, etc. minimum of 3-5 years in cardiac nursing or cardiac rehab required and 2-3 years of management experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Indiana if an RN
- Healthcare Provider CPR required
- ACLS required if an RN
- Cardiovascular certification or ACSM preferred but not required
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess Health System is the largest employer in the tri-state region, and operates under the direction of a local board, with a local focus. Deaconess is widely recognized for its commitment to excellence. Named the #2 Hospital in Indiana by US News & World Report for the past four years, Deaconess was also named to the Forbes list of America's Best Employers in 2022. As our organization continues to grow and expand, we welcome skilled, dedicated and compassionate individuals to join us in delivering The Deaconess Difference: putting people at the center of everything we do, making a positive difference in the lives of our patients, families, employees and community.