Position Summary/General Description:
A commissary runner is responsible for ensuring that any and all venues on site are adequately stocked with product to meet customer demand and assist cashiers, cooks, bartenders, servers, and management with daily routine venue maintenance and cleaning.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (Ellis) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In friendly manner perform duties such as but not limited to: Communicate special menu items or specials to customers, replenish condiments, as needed; maintain beverage area including alcoholic beverages, brews and coffee; maintain cleanliness (e.g., clean service/dining areas, etc.).
- Maintain high cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with Food Systems Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines.
- Ability to follow directions and perform work independently.
- Ensure product is stocked and rotated to ensure proper expiration dates, and ensure product is displayed in an organized manner.
- Promote brands/products to increase sales.
- Perform general maintenance duties, including mopping floors, wiping countertops, cleaning food prep areas.
- Act with urgency at all times to minimize wait times; maintains a quick and purposeful pace.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must possess basic mathematical skill (able to add, subtract, multiply and divide).
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid liquor license and ServSafe Food Handler Certificate.
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Operate Point of Sale system/cash register
- Operate and maintain dispensers such as fountain, juice, creamer, coffee and tea brewers.
- Operate and maintain dish tank and commercial dishwashing machine.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The job requires the ability to talk, turn, twist, stand for long periods of time, and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to kneel and reach overhead 25-50 % of the time.
- The job requires the ability to bend over and stoop 1-24% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to carry, lift and slide/transfer 1-75lbs. 1-24% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to team carry, team lift and/or team slide/transfer 1-150lbs. 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- The job requires reading 51-100% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to hot/cold temperatures in a kitchen environment