Position Summary/General Description:
A Drop/Count Team Member is responsible for performing exchanges and collects all HHR machine bill validator (BV) boxes, transports them to the soft count room, counts/records the currency, and verify currency tickets from all HHR machine and BV games boxes.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values, and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility of Ellis Park.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit speed, accuracy and confidentiality in the completion of all drop/count activities including but not limited to: removing full BV’s and inserting empty BV’s for all HHR machines, transporting boxes to count room, sort/count currency, currency tickets, identifying the contents of each individual box, preparing detailed and accurate drop/count verification reports to be submitted to the main bank and revenue audit departments.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures, safety rules and health regulations, and Ellis Park Racing Policy and Procedures.
- Assist with training, take and follow direction from drop/count supervisor.
- Maintain, clean and operate currency counting equipment and all other equipment each day.
- Maintain gaming cash receipts, reporting requirements, basic knowledge in accounting functions, and complex mathematical skills.
- Complete all drop/count duties according to established standards in allocated time frame.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, room locations, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Certification preferred.
- Must have one (1) year experience in cash handling or relevant work experience.
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience operating counting equipment (e.g., money sorters, counters, and ten 10 key calculator).
- Proficient with basic office equipment (e.g., computer, copy/fax machine, printers).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The job requires the ability to bend over, crawl, crouch/stoop, hear, kneel, reach overhead, stand, talk, turn/twist, walk, see and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time and the ability to balance/climb 25-50% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to push/pull 1-50+ lbs. and carry, lift, slide/transfer 1-25 lbs. 51-100% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to carry, lift, slide/transfer 25-50 lbs. 25-50% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- The job requires the ability to problem solve, organize, interpret data, read, write, and use basic math skills 51-100% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to make decisions and plan 25-50% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors in a gaming environment with frequent expose to smoke (e.g., cigarette smoke).
- You will also be in a confined areas and occasional exposure to hot/cold temperatures.
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.