Position Summary/General Description:
A Food Server ensures that patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Food servers work in the front of the business greeting guests, taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (Ellis) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In friendly manner perform duties such as but not limited to: Communicate special menu items or specials to customers, take orders to customer specifications; deliver food/drink orders; replenish condiments, as needed; maintain beverage area, brews and coffee; maintain cleanliness (e.g., clean service/dining areas, etc.).
- Maintain high cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with Food Systems Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines.
- Ring in all food and beverage orders according to preset standards to kitchen via a point of sale system/cash register, making sure that all items have been entered correctly.
- Operate a point of sale system/cash register without variance (e.g., maintain change in cash drawer; accept cash, checks, and bankcards for payment; calculate discounts; ensure proper identification for certain transactions; count money; return correct change; issue receipts; balance cash drawer and receipts; keep register area neat, clean and stocked with necessary supplies; and documents discrepancies).
- Work with co-workers and management in a gaming restaurant environment, involving high volume and gourmet, fast-paced production in a friendly and professional manner.
- Complete set up/closing tasks (e.g., wipe down station; polish silverware; refill condiments; set tables; reset station for next shift, complete all closing duties according to assigned side work).
- Perform activities designed to provide clean and safe beverage and food areas for patrons, reporting any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Understand and follow safety procedures
- Maintain temperature requirements for food and drink preservation.
- Know values of complimentary meal coupons and proper ringing procedure.
- Claim tips received according to laws governing wage reporting.
- Promote brands/products to increase sales.
- Perform general maintenance duties, including mopping floors, wiping countertops, cleaning food prep areas.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have relevant work experience.
- Experience in restaurant or food service capacity highly desirable.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Licensing & Certification:
- Obtain, within thirty days from day of employment, alcohol service certification, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Operate Point-of-Sale system (Revention)
- Operate/maintain dispensers (e.g., fountain, juice, creamer, coffee and tea brewers).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- This job requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, hear, reach overhead, stand, talk, turn/twist, walk, repetitively use hands and carry, lift 1-25 lbs. 51-100% of the time.
- This job requires the ability to push/pull, slide/transfer 1-25 lbs. and carry, lift 25-50 lbs. 25-50% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- This job requires the ability to problem solve, organize, plan, make decisions, and interpret data, write, and read 51-100% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors with frequent exposure to loud noises, fumes, smoke and occasional exposure to outdoors and hot/cold temperatures.
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must obtain proper footwear for safety and health.