Position Summary/General Description:
The Gaming Device Technician reports directly to the Gaming Device Supervisor and Assistant Gaming Device Manager. In incumbent is responsible for the overall day-to-day performance and operation of gaming devices during their assigned shift – including maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installations, and movements. Technicians also provide assistance to players, and establish positive & friendly relationships with our guests.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values, and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility of Ellis Park.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day performance and operation of gaming devices during their assigned shift including, but not limited to: maintenance, troubleshooting, maintaining accurate records or repairs and equipment inventory, installing gaming devices as needed, and movements.
- Applies and promotes positive communication and interpersonal skills with guests and team members at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of new technical evaluation to perform minor and major repairs on gaming devices, scheduled and un-scheduled.
- Serve and assist customers in the event of a malfunction of a gaming device.
- Ensure optimum gaming operation by reporting and rectifying any malfunctions quickly by performing preventive maintenance to ensure maximum gaming device performance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of gaming device technical issues.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued while on duty.
- Assists players with instructions on gameplay and how to read/understand gaming devices.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and clean gaming floor and work areas.
- Maintain strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal, and time management and planning.
- Make analytical and professional decisions confidently and accurately.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, room locations, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Certification preferred.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with Gaming Device machines or related field preferred.
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of the mechanical and play functions of gaming device machines preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to hear, sit, stand, talk, walk repetitive use of hands 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to drive 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to balance climb, bend over, crawl, crouch/stoop, kneel, reach overhead and turn/twist 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift, slide/transfer 1-50+ lbs. 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, and interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed primarily indoors with frequent exposure to dust/fumes (e.g., cigarette smoke) and occasional exposure to outdoors, and hot/cold temperatures.
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.