Plans and provides instruction in academic skills instruction, GED preparation, and workplace instruction for eligible adults in a variety of settings. Will require travel to local offsite locations.
• Provides College and Career Ready Standards instruction for reading language arts (RLA) and mathematics.
• Plans and provides instruction in academic skills instruction, GED preparation, English as a Second Language (ESL), and workplace instruction for eligible adults in a variety of settings, on campus and off campus.
• Administers and interprets appropriate placement and diagnostic assessments for adult students.
• Applies research-based instructional practices that incorporate the use of computers and other technologies.
• Recruitment and outreach initiatives required for Adult Education Program.
• Assesses and monitors learning.
• Provides classroom management.
• Maintains lesson plans and syllabi for each course taught.
• Participates in professional development required by Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE).
• Maintains student records.
• Assists in the development of course offerings.
• Participates in retention and follow-up activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or a content-related field. English, Reading, or Mathematics degree preferred.
• Score of NRS level 6 in Reading and Mathematics on the TABE A 11/12 assessment.
• Successfully earns a passing GED Ready score in subject area(s) being taught.
• Post-Secondary transcripts
In addition to completing the online application, please upload a letter of interest, resume, and transcripts.