Job Location: Henderson, KY
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Perform duties to diagnose, plan complex and difficult installations, repairs, modifications, improvements and maintenance procedures on equipment, building facilities, vehicles, and related hardware.
- Work from maintenance work orders, schedules, manuals, checklists, prints, sketches and schematics in accordance with all national and local codes and standards. Fabricate, repair, install and maintain equipment utilizing a broad range of hand tools, instruments, machining equipment, cutting and welding equipment, drilling, boring and grinding tools. Maintain strict quality standards and tolerances as required utilizing a broad range of measuring devices and tools.
- Perform a wide range of hydraulic, pneumatic, gas plumbing and piping operations. Install and repair high and low-pressure hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, fittings, couplings, pumps, motors, valves, regulators, pipe, tubing, and hoses. Install, diagnose, maintain and repair gas-fired ovens, burners, and associated regulation and control devices. Align, level, and balance machinery, pumps, motors, and other associated equipment.
- Diagnose equipment issues and perform necessary repairs.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Equipment validations, safety and quality audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to maintain workflow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with 5 S standards.
- Requires the ability to perform all duties within the limitation of the standard methods and procedures, and in accordance with strict adherence to HSE, quality and productivity requirements
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in the maintenance field and/or combined relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance
- Committed to a safe work environment;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Strong math and reading skills. Print reading required;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Solid understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, combustion systems, industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance a must;
- Solid understanding of Allen-Bradley PLCs and VFDs;
- Computer skills are a must and SAP knowledge a plus;
- Demonstrate TPM and Preventative Maintenance knowledge;
- Good communication skills and willingness to work on a diverse, cooperative team.
- Willingness to work any shift
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
Physical and Work Environment Demands:
- Work is performed on the plant floor, where individuals will have exposure to substantial heat and loud noises. May occasionally be exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
- Frequently requires physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing equipment and stairs, and using various hand tools.
Hydro Aluminum Metals USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individuals as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Hydro Aluminum Metals USA, LLC is a drug-free workplace.
Competitive Wages, Medical, Dental, and Vision begin on the first day of employment, a 401K matching program, and, an excellent vacation package.
Apply by going to www.hydro.com and clicking on the careers tab.