Position: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Henderson, KY
Reports to: Production Manager
The Production Supervisor leads the daily operations of their assigned team of process technicians, delivering a high-quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment and safe work practices by observing and enforcing all applicable EHS rules, including the 5S standard.
- Supervise staff to produce manufactured products, and organize and monitor workflow.
- Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Mentor and develop team members; continuously improving internal customer/supplier relationships.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and/or utilize resources to be an avid team player.
- Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing in order to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals.
- Act as a subject matter expert; train operators and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting and applying the AMBS principles to the charging, casting, and saw areas; coach and engage employees in AMBS principles.
- Perform administrative functions; Evaluations, SAP work orders, Audits, etc.
- Update and improve SOPs in accordance with production best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a team lead/ supervisor in a heavy industrial environment preferred.
- High School Diploma/ GED is required; a college degree or trade certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of the casting process and molten metal background is desirable.
- Intermediate computer skills (office applications, APICs, SAP) are required.
- Leadership experience directing a team of hourly employees is required.
- Must be able to work cohesively in a team environment.
Physical and Work Environment Demands:
- Work is mostly performed on the plant floor, where individual will have exposure to substantial heat and loud noises. May occasionally be exposed to fumes and airborne particles. Part of the work is performed in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Occasionally requires physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing equipment and stairs, and using various hand tools.
- This position works a rotating shift with an EOWEO (every other weekend off) schedule.
Hydro Aluminum Metals USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individuals as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.