- Henderson, KY
- Henderson Hospital Campus
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 30308
Apply NowSave JobBack to Search
Summary of Job:
This position has the responsibility of supervising Imaging and performing exams in modalities with Deaconess Henderson Hospital.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Responds to emergency callback when required.
- Provides input and direction for new equipment purchases.
- Assists in the maintenance of the P&P manual. Helps create P&P’s when necessary.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of new employees.
- Participates on hospital committees and attends meetings as required.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
- Coordinates equipment repair and maintenance to reduce downtime and overtime for repair.
- Supervision includes Radiologic Technologists and radiology patient assistants.
- Performs clerical functions when needed.
- Performs annual employee reviews.
- Performs daily assessment of equipment, scheduling preventative maintenance and emergency maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: If applicable and not listed below, please refer to the department for required competencies.
- Manage all modalities within MW and MWOA of the Radiology Department.
- Ensure that MW and MWOA staff adequately follows performance guidelines as listed in the P&P.
- Coordinates the training of new employees.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities of MW and MWOA personnel.
- Ensures adequate staffing.
- Performs employee evaluations on time, monitors employee conduct, and provides disciplinary counseling as necessary.
- Performs Diagnostic and Fluoroscopy, CT, and NM exams including IV and foley insertion.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, radiologists, and administrative staff.
- Performs EMR and PACS functions as necessary.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. In addition to our robust healthcare and retirement plans, we offer:
- Payactiv (get paid before payday)
- On-site day care access (Infant through Pre-K)
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Tuition and relocation reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
- New grads are welcome to apply
Candidate must have a good understanding of Radiation Safety and how to protect themselves, others, and the patient and practice ALARA. Individual must be able to perform all tasks in the modality Core Competency. Individual must be competent to care for all patients of any age. Employee must maintain BLS CPR certification for healthcare providers. Must be flexible in work situations and schedule.
Education and Experience
- The individual must be a graduate of a recognized Radiologic Technologist program or meet clinical experience, didactic course work and alternative eligibility as specified in the ARRT application for certification instructions.
- Five years of experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- The individual must be licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist, certified by the ARRT as a Radiologic Technologist, and maintain annual renewal/registration with the certifying organization. License renewal must occur within 2 weeks of expiration date. Revocation or inability to maintain licensure and/or registration may result in termination of the individual.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess Health System is the largest employer in the tri-state region, and operates under the direction of a local board, with a local focus. Deaconess is widely recognized for its commitment to excellence. Named the #2 Hospital in Indiana by US News & World Report for the past four years, Deaconess was also named to the Forbes list of America's Best Employers in 2022. As our organization continues to grow and expand, we welcome skilled, dedicated and compassionate individuals to join us in delivering The Deaconess Difference: putting people at the center of everything we do, making a positive difference in the lives of our patients, families, employees and community.