Position Summary/General Description:
A Security Guard reports to the Security Supervisor and/or the Security Manager. The incumbent provides protection to all Ellis Park outlets and physical protection to all Ellis Park patrons and personnel addressing issues including, but not limited to altercations, theft, vandalism, fire, illegal entry and illegal activities.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide safety and security to patrons and Ellis Park personnel, facilities, grounds and property belonging to Ellis Park.
- Report and assist in medical emergency situations.
- Responsible for the monitoring and storing of all horse traffic sheets and general traffic sheets entering the race side of Ellis Park.
- Responsible for maintaining all records related to the live race card, Test Barn and ship-ins, horse traffic and paddock entries and exits.
- Patrol the buildings, backside, parking lot and general grounds on a routine scheduled basis.
- Conducts dorm inspections and maintains records of all tenants and inspection records.
- Adhere and uphold the Policies and Procedures of the Security Department.
- Adhere to regulations for proper security in accordance with the KHRC, federal government and State of Kentucky.
- Watch for and report all irregularities occurring during shift. Prepare documentation concerning each incident and report to appropriate personnel on a daily basis.
- Provide escort, by request, to patrons and Ellis Park personnel to their vehicles to ensure safety.
- Coordinate the security escort of all money transferred to and from the cashier cage.
- Act as a witness and assist in money counting procedures with cashier cage and/or other designated personnel.
- Ensure the protection of assets with access to restricted areas.
- Testify in court as deemed necessary by proper officials.
- Respond to emergency situations, and situations to protect patrons and Ellis Park personnel including, but not limited to: Traffic control, crowd control and incident command situations.
- Communicate clear and accurate information using a telephone and/or radio.
- Maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times.
- Prepare incident reports.
- At all times effectively communicate and address matters involving patrons, Ellis Park personnel and the public in a courteous, professional and business-like manner.
- Model and adhere to standard of a productive employee.
- Administer standard urine analysis test for reasonable suspicion and post incidents involving Ellis Park personnel.
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly beverage service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, and surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have relevant work experience, preferably in a security or job related field.
Licensing & Certification:
- Obtain and maintain certification in the following basic blocks of training: First Aid, CPR, AED, and, Defensive Driving and Defensive Tactics.
- Obtain and maintain an Kentucky Alcohol Servers Permit.
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Drive vehicles.
- Surveillance system
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to drive hear, sit, stand, talk, walk, turn/twist and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, crouch/stoop, kneel and reach overhead 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 1- 50+ lbs. 25-50% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to varied temperatures and fumes (e.g., cigarette smoke).
- Obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain Ellis Park Urine Analysis testing certification.