Position Summary/General Description:
A Security Supervisor reports to the Security Manager. The incumbent oversees security operations and security personnel ensuring protection to all Ellis Park outlets and physical protection to all Ellis Park patrons and personnel in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (Ellis) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of security officers; oversee staf
- fing assignments and locations.
- Responsible for the Stable gate building and all paperwork kept on site.
- Responsible for maintaining all records related to the live race card, Test Barn and ship-ins, personnel, horse traffic and paddock entries and exits from the state R&W board.
- Work in conjunction with Stall Man when issuing dorm rooms to grooms, conducts dorm inspections and maintains records of all tenants and inspection records.
- Take disciplinary action in courteous and fair manner, as needed, with assigned personnel.
- Train personnel regarding work assignments, enforce and adhere the Policies and Procedures of the Security Department. Train personnel, enforce and adhere to regulations for proper security in accordance with the KHRC, federal government and State of Kentucky.
- Provide safety and security to patrons and Ellis Park personnel, facilities, grounds and property belonging to Ellis Park.
- Enforce all general and specific security special orders and directives.
- Communicate clear and accurate information using a telephone and/or radio.
- Review reported violations, conduct investigations and take appropriate action.
- Oversee the inspection and monitoring of all security alarms, lights, fire and safety units.
- Ensure that patrons/guests meet minimum age and other entry requirements.
- Ensure that only authorized personnel enter secure areas.
- Assign employees to deliver materials and/or escort patrons/personnel to private vehicles, busses, or other locations on or off Ellis Park property.
- Prepare detailed activity and related departmental reports.
- Respond and contact proper authorities in emergencies; i.e., General Manager, Security Manager, Police, or the appropriate Law Enforcement agency, Medical Response Agency, etc.
- Supervise areas and groups of people while being responsible and effective in emergency situations.
- Model and adhere to standard of a productive employee.
- Respond to emergency situations, and situations to protect patrons and Ellis Park personnel including, but not limited to: Traffic control, crowd control, evacuation/staging procedures, and incident command situations.
- At all times effectively communicate and address matters involving patrons, Ellis Park patrons and the public in a courteous, professional and business-like manner.
- Prepare incident reports.
- Administer standard urine analysis test for reasonable suspicion and post incidents involving Ellis Park personnel.
- Testify in court as deemed necessary by proper officials.
- Attend Ellis Park meetings as required.
- Provide escort, by request, to patrons to their vehicles to ensure safety.
- Coordinate the security escort of all money transferred to and from the cashier cage.
- Act as a witness and assist in money counting procedures with cashier cage and/or other designated personnel.
- Ensure the protection of assets with access to restricted areas.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions, and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in a law enforcement and/or security capacity & demonstrated ability to lead.
Licensing & Certification:
- Obtain and maintain certification in the following basic blocks of training: First Aid, CPR, AED, and, Defensive Driving and Defensive Tactics.
- Obtain and maintain a Kentucky Alcohol Servers Permit.
- Complete standard Crime Scene Investigation course.
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Drive vehicles.
- Surveillance system.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to drive hear, sit, stand, talk, walk, turn/twist and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, crouch/stoop, kneel and reach overhead 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to crawl 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 1- 50+ lbs. 25-50% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- Hire, promote, train, discipline, schedule, apportion work among employees, appraise productivity, terminate and measure performance.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors and outdoors with frequent exposure to loud noises.
- Obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain Ellis Park Urine Analysis testing certification.