Position Summary/General Description:
The Ellis Park Surveillance Agent reports to the Surveillance Supervisor. The incumbent uses audio and video equipment to observe and report illegal activity and non-compliance of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainment, LLC (“Ellis Park”) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and use video/audio surveillance equipment to monitor activities using multiple monitors. These functional areas include, but are not limited to: HHR machines, Mutuels, cashier cage, kiosks, restaurants, count, sort, money rooms, storage locations, vault, entrances, outdoor grounds, parking lots, stairs and open common areas.
- Speak clearly, understand radio transmissions and operate assigned equipment.
- Follow standard operating procedures and departmental operating guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable of, or be willing to learn various rules, regulations/procedures for HHR and Mutuels.
- Maintain surveillance over monetary transactions and stations.
- Maintain radio contact with security personnel, casino management and other surveillance personnel as assigned.
- Work within, adhere to and contribute to an established operational chain of command.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of duties, reports, investigations and any other job related information at all times.
- Document monetary transactions for procedural inconsistencies.
- Prepare and maintain an official log of departmental activities.
- Document and collect evidence for internal use and/or legal purposes.
- Make quick decisions under stressful conditions.
- Draft written reports and other documentation.
- Perform repetitive duties over long periods of time
- Operate a hand controller lever effectively.
- Visually observe and discern screen images and make recommendations.
- Perform basic mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all Ellis Park personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, room locations, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate details.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Surveillance, security, HHR machines, cage cashier with money/chip handling responsibility.
- Familiar with surveillance methods and procedures preferred.
Licensing & Certification:
- Obtain and maintain a valid license through the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to sit, talk and repetitively use hands 51-100% of the time.
- Must have eyesight correctable to 20/20 and have no color blindness.
- Requires the ability to hear 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, crawl, crouch/stoop, reach overhead, stand, walk and turn/twist 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 25- 50+ lbs. 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, make decisions, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to organize and interpret data 25-50% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- The job is performed indoors within a confined area.
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must attend and pass surveillance training classes and courses.
- Must pass vision test, eyesight correctable to 20/20 and have no color blindness.