Allstate Tower Inc., a division of Pittsburg Tank & Tower Group in Henderson, KY is searching for a Tower Inspection Foreman. The foreman is responsible for ensuring that all inspection and safety procedures are being followed while on site. This includes running a crew, training crews on how to do inspections properly, troubleshooting of antennas, troubleshooting lighting systems, and reporting. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and excellent benefits including becoming an owner through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Perform all daily site safety analysis meetings, PPE and safety/equipment inspections
- Adherence to OSHA/NATE/customer and industry standards and quality
- Professional customer and co-worker interaction
- Help with training of house crews and subcontractors, for compliance quality, safety, cost, and timeliness requirements while on site
- Maintain a close interface with the customer and project management office, regarding schedules, quality and standards while on site.
- Understand customer’s standards of safety, inspection quality, processes and communication methods
- Understand and enforce client’s standards of professionalism, quality, safety, metrics, and processes while on site
- Perform site inspections.
- Ensure quick and timely responses to all matters
- While on site, oversee, help and train crews on the inspection of towers
- Understands the SOW from a technical standpoint.
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
- Perform a Pre-Bid or Pre-Con walk when needed.
- Cross train with the maintenance dept. to learn how to do smaller jobs in order to move projects along and assist as needed.
- Maintain training on lighting systems and train AST crews as needed.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
- Knowledge of steel structures
- Comprehensive knowledge of inspecting, safety, rigging and work on communication towers
- In-depth knowledge of inspection procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Problem solving abilities
- 2-year degree or equivalent training in field
- 4-6 years of experience in construction or related industry
- Proven Inspection Foreman experience
- Ability to follow written and verbal direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to train personnel to proper techniques required to perform certain aspects of projects
- Self-motivated, driven, reliable
- Willing and able to travel and perform outdoor site walks in all weather conditions
- Coaching and mentoring direct and non-direct team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Outlook
- OSHA 30.
- CPR/First Aid.
- RF Awareness.
- Tower Climbing Certifications including Tower Rescue (Comtrain)
- Comfortable with heights
- Valid driver's license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Pittsburg Tank & Tower Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a full medical benefit package including major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disabilty, long term disabilty, 401(k) and employee stock owner plan(ESOP).
apply on website under careers attache resume, cover letter, and fill out application