Position Summary/General Description:
A Track Laborer reports directly to the Track Manager. The incumbent assists the Track Manager in the cleanliness and readiness of both Tracks.
- Adhere to Ellis Entertainments, LLC (Ellis) Core Values and Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the gaming and racing facility.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with move and install Horse track railing.
- Assist with weed control and mowing as directed.
- Assist with the cleanliness of the property by picking up and dispose of trash.
- Assist with picking up and maintain all manure pits.
- Work collaboratively with the Track Manager with keeping the track watered and maintained.
- Assist with general maintenance on property. (i.e., painting, cleans light fixtures and replace light bulbs, etc.)
- Assist with upkeep of Dorms and stable areas.
- Operate power washers and backpack blowers to maintain exterior surfaces.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g. learn guests’ names and preferences: connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide fast and friendly service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning an improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit.)
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have relevant work experience.
Licensing & Certification:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a racing license through Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Equipment and Machinery:
- Hand and power tools (e.g., hand drills, power saws, cutting tools, screwdrivers, hatchets, wrenches, measuring tape, hammer, and pliers).
- Power lift to perform tasks up to 40 ft.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, power washers, sod cutters and pruning saws, etc.
- Be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission or have the aptitude to learn.
- Applicable hand and power tools (e.g., leaf blowers).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to balance/climb, bend over, hear, stand and walk 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to crouch/stoop, drive, kneel, reach overhead, talk, turn/twist and repetitive use of hands 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to push/pull 1-25 lbs. 51-100% of the time; 25-50 lbs. 25-50% of the time; and 50+lbs. 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to carry1-25 lbs. 51-100% of the time; 25-50 lbs. 25-50% of the time; and 50+lbs. 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to lift 1-25 lbs. 51-100% of the time and 25-50+ lbs. 25-50% of the time.
- Requires the ability to slide/transfer 1-25 lbs. 25-50% of the time and 25-50+ lbs. 1-25% of the time
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, and plan 51-100% of the time, and requires reading and writing 25-50% of the time.
Work Environment (inside/outside):
- This position works both indoors and outdoors with moderate loud noise and occasional exposed to (e.g. fumes, gas, odors, dust, mists, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, heights, cramped quarters, oil, cold and warm temperatures, rain, snow, sleet, ice, grease and dirt).
- Must provide and maintain a valid driver's license.