Part-time Opportunities for Remelt Operators
Nights: Friday and Saturday 11pm to 11 am
Days: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 11 pm
- Conveys molten aluminum to holding furnaces at casting presses.
- Conveys scrap metal from trim presses to remelt furnaces.
- Maintains an adequate supply of aluminum for casting operations.
- Maintains metal temperatures at the proper levels in Remelt and holding furnaces.
- Understands the metal temperature alarms and lights on the press and the actions to take when light goes off.
- Adds proportions of scrap metal and ingots into furnace as specified.
- Sprinkles fluxing compound on molten aluminum to bring impurities to surface.
- Skims slag from surface of molten aluminum.
- Performs proper de-gassing procedures to remove trapped gas from molten aluminum.
- Performs pre-shift inspections on lift trucks and other equipment.
- Ability to wear the required multiple layers of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in a hot environment and close proximity to hot furnaces and equipment.
- Ability to identify alloy by both specific color-coding and number coding.
Position requires the ability to bend, twist, reach, perform repetitive arm movements, lift up to 50 pounds, stand and walk on concrete floors and/or sit for extended periods.
Full Job Description provided on Gibbs website.
- Weekly pay
- 401k contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for advancement
- And more!